Thursday, May 20, 2010

Used Games Problem

So there has been a lot of talk about EA and Ubisoft doing something that prohibits the buying and selling of used games.  EA is talking about putting in an one time use code to get online with that game and then if you buy and that game used then you will also have to go onto there website and buy a new code to be able to get updates or play online with that game.  Ubisoft is talking about doing the same thing as EA is doing and calling it the 10 dollar solution.

I don't know how I feel about this.  I understand why they want to do this.  People who are buying used games are still getting online content cheaper than the people who payed the full price which isn't fair to the people who payed full price, but as a gamer who does buy used games I still don't like this development.  I don't want to pay extra 10 bucks just to get stuff online from a game I buy used unless Gamestop lowers there price of used games.

Blaze Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment