Friday, May 14, 2010

Beta's Galore

So over the past couple of weeks I have been playing a couple of betas that are available.  One I have been playing is Starcraft 2 beta.  I have always been a big StarCraft fan.  Now I wouldn't say I am an amazing StarCraft player but I also wouldn't say I suck.  I would say that I am in the middle of the road as it pertains to players.  My APM isn't to high, usually only about 70 or so per minute when I start getting into the thick of things but that isn't terrible.  Oh and for all those people out there APM stands for Action Per Minute and the best players in the world usually have around 175 or above APM which is just crazy.

I have been greatly enjoying the StarCraft 2 beta.  I am mostly a Protoss player but I do enjoy playing terran and zerg.  I have some problems with it though.  I believe the Marauders are way to powerful against the protoss zealots.  I also believe zerg need some type of early anti air unit as it takes a good bit for them to get hydras.  There are some other problems that I believe are wrong with it and I may get into at a later date but all this is subject to change since this is the beta.

The other beta I have been playing is the Halo: Reach beta.  I used to be pretty good at Halo 3 online.  My KDR was above 1 which is what you want it to be at when playing online.  My problem was that I would usually charge in there get the kill then die right away.  Sure I would usually have the highest kills but I would also usually have the highest deaths as well so it balanced out.  Now I do enjoy the new armor abilities that they have given people but I feel that the elites are lacking in a few.  I mean armor lock is awesome and I wish the elites had something like it, but again it is beta so it is all subject to change.

So that is what I have been doing with my free which I have very little of at this moment.  So until next time.

Blaze Out!  

1 comment: